Jobs Vacancy - Solar Turbines International Company. Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 13,900 units and over 1.7 billion operating hours in 98 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1.1 to 22 megawatts). Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
Currently, we have a career opportunity for the Field Service Engineer / Representative (FSR) role to be based in Indonesia, Jakarta.
Field Service Engineer/Representative
(Gas Turbines, Offshore)
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, and deals with customer service assignments on Solar gas turbine driven compressor, generator, and mechanical drive packages. These field (customer sites) assignments include installation and commissioning of new and refurbished turbomachinery packages, major component removal and installation, package system upgrades, control systems diagnostics, mechanical systems diagnostics, and preventive maintenance. Work is normally performed according to specific, detailed instructions with latitude to act independently increasing with the individual’s professional development. Ensure major interventions are planned and executed on schedule and within budget. Must ensure that all activities are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations, and in a safe manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Control Engineering with minimum 5 years of offshore working experience in one or more of the following areas :
- Installation, Commissioning & Maintenance of Rotating Equipment (i.e. Gas Turbines)
- Power generation/electrical distribution
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- More than 70% traveling is required mostly within the Asia Pacific Region
- Resourceful and able to work independently
- Hands-on work using hand tools and specialized equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of physical energy
- Basic computer skills required
- Offshore Oil and Gas production platforms
- Remote locations and sites
- Power Plants or Refineries
If you interested to join us and meet the pre-requisites, please submit your detailed resume stating your qualifications, relevant project experiences, current/expected salary, email and phone contact details via the following URL :
for more information about our company : http://www.solarturbines.com